WFAM is deeply involved with leading global sustainability initiatives
In relation to industry initiatives, our approach to environmental, social, governance (ESG) places a large amount of value on understanding best practices and contributing our expertise to developing evolving standards around ESG. We are developing close partnerships with leading industry associations, disclosures and standards bodies, and non-profit organizations to help lead and drive the latest approaches to the integration of ESG in financial strategies and processes. These include:
- Principles for Responsible Investment: Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM)1 is a signatory to the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) and have committed to implementing six Principles related to ESG integration. We are represented on the Fixed Income Advisory Committee and work with the PRI to bring together industry professionals to learn from the latest industry trends.
- Sustainability Accounting Standards Board: At the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), an organization dedicated to standardizing disclosure of material, industry-specific sustainability information, we are represented on the Standards Board, the Investor Advisory Group, and the Standards Advisory Group. WFAM is also a member of the SASB Alliance.
- Ceres: We are Investor Network Members at Ceres, a sustainability nonprofit working with influential investors and companies to tackle the world's biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
- CDP: We are investor signatories to CDP (formerly known as the Carbon Disclosure Project), which runs a global disclosure system and has built the most comprehensive collection of self-reported environmental data in the world.
- Stewardship Codes: WellsCap has been a signatory to Japan's Stewardship Code and the UK Stewardship Code. The codes aim to encourage investor and company engagement in promoting sustainable growth. As a signatory, WellsCap commits to actively engage with the companies in which it invests, publicly disclose its stewardship responsibilities and voting activities, monitor investee companies, and manage conflicts of interests through robust policies and procedures.
- Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) is the trade name for certain investment advisory/management firms owned by Wells Fargo & Company. These firms include but are not limited to Wells Capital Management Incorporated and Wells Fargo Funds Management, LLC, and exclude Galliard Capital Management, Inc. Prior to this, Wells Capital Management Incorporated alone was signatory to the PRI. Galliard is separately a signatory of the PRI, remains so, and submits a separate report.